After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. If you are using a work email, there may be security or policy restrictions from your facility restricting outside emails and you may have to use your personal email. You may want to look in your “Junk Email” folder, since confirmation emails can end up there.
9:00am to 9:15am Introductions
9:15am to 10:15am “Personal Protective Equipment: A Legal and Personal Issue” Stephen Kovach
- Review OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard protections for employees (CFR-29).
- Review Standards to assess current facility practices.
- Determine additional requirements (if any) to comply with (CFR-29).
- Review latest PPE recommendations for the sterile processing area from standards organizations, CDC, AORN, & AAMI
10:15am to 11:15am “The New AAMI ST91: An Updated Standard for Flexible Endoscope Processing” (John Whelan)
- Discuss the updated ST91 standing including the key quality assurance parameters that should be built into endoscope reprocessing.
- Identify best practices in reprocessing of flexible endoscopes.
- Discuss how various methods of cleaning verification and surveillance testing can reduce Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) and Surgical Site Infections (SSI) and help to determine if an endoscope is patient ready.
Break 11:15am to 11:30am
11:30am to 12:30pm “Building and Maintaining an Effective Team” (Cheron Rojo)
- Explain effective team-building strategies for your department
- Explain how to keep a team steadily cohesive and not fickle and culture
- Discuss Principles to engage your team, and the newer generation in your department
- Discuss team building activities and exercises that promote collaboration for teams
12:30pm to 1:30pm “Building Quality into Flexible Endoscope Reprocessing” (John Whelan)
- Review best practices for manual cleaning of flexible endoscopes
- Review rationale and current recommendations for cleaning verification
- Identify the levels of inspection for flexible endoscopes and options to improve inspection using a borescope
1:30pm Closing Remarks/Q & A